Paradise Awaits Tropical Marci Lala Land Crafts New Release

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Happy Monday! Yes, again it is a happy Monday because I am excited to be a part of the New Release for Lala Land Crafts!



I have the pleasure of showing you the new super cute Tropical Marci. I had a lot of fun coloring her and getting her little beach scene put together.



Tropical Marci makes me want to go on long beach vacation and relax in the sun... ahhhhhhh... oh yeah back to reality and winter HAHA!  I had a lot of fun doing the beach scene though.



I have never done one before and wasn't sure which colors to use. But I found a photo from Mindy Baxter on Pinterest where it showed what colors she used. I modified mine a little bit because I used a cloud I cut out of paper for the sky but other than that I kind of did the same thing. The white, I didn't see what she did but I used an acrylic ink that dries very fast. I love using it with a very thin paint brush.



If you have been hanging out with me for a while, you know that I love my dimension and layers. I really didn't want to mess up this sweet Tropical Marci's hair so I went ahead and decided to add my normal layers. So I cut the hair so that I could raise it up, along with the flower in her hair I also cut that completely by hand and raised that up above her hair. I love how it turned out!

You can also see from the photo above the Hibiscus flowers are mostly all die cuts. The only one I fussy cut was the one in her hair. The die cut ones are a lot of fun! You can cut them out and layer them as much as you want. The stamen of the flower is actually a separate part of the die cut so you can add that in when you want. Doing the stamen this way also adds for more dimension with the flowers so I love that as well. They are very easy to put on with a glue pen.



I colored all under where I cut so the lower layers would have color as well. I don't color perfectly but the color is there so it looks even more dimensional.

The Copic markers I used were:

Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, 93, R20
Hair: E50, 51, 53, 55
Dress: Y000, 00, 02, RV02, 06
Flowers: Y06, RV00, 02, 06, White Gel Pen
Straw: RV02, 06
Coconut Cup: E31, 47, 57, 49, White Gel Pen
Sand: E30, 31, 33, 50
Water: BG10, 11, 13, 15, B16, 18, White Gel Pen and Acrylic Ink
Clouds: Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog. Don't forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on InstagramTwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments