Valentine's Day Lil Devil Lulu - Paper Nest Dolls

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey All! Okay... I have to admit that yes, Valentine's day has past. However, we normally celebrate Valentine's day the day before or the day after. So I thought I would just post this on the day that we decided to celebrate.



We have a little fun with our holiday as well. The kids like to look up the real happenings behind why we have different holidays. They love history and to know different things about why this or that really happened instead of what the school books tend to tell you. We have a lot of fun with this especially since we are now living on the East Coast and we can actually go and see some of the different places in history. So a funny little thing about Valentine's day in our house, my kids actually call it "head choppin' day" because they really don't understand (nor do I) why we would celebrate a man getting his head cut off. I understand that it is a celebration of love... but my kids are still "but he did something wrong" haha! my house....





I used Paper Nest Dolls Lil' Devil Lulu for this card. I actually made this card for my hubby. Yes it is kind of cutesy, because let's face it Paper Nest Dolls images are pretty stinkin cute, for a man card but I think he will still like it.

I don't have a lot of Valentine's day patterned paper so this paper is actually from one of those all occasion packs that I had picked up years ago, I found in my stuff. I honestly think this is the first time that I have ever used it. It worked out I think pretty well for this card though.



I didn't put a whole lot of embellishments on this card this time, with it being for my hubby and all.  I just added some nice red ribbon from May Arts with a nice bow. I love this ribbon because it is a little bit stiff so it really holds the shape of the bow really nice! I also added some little red rhinestones that I got from the Eyelet Outlet.

The Copic markers I used were:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20

  • Hair: E50, 51, 53

  • Reds: R17, 24, 27, 29, 46, 59



I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog, You can also find great inspiration over at the Paper Nest Dolls Facebook Group as well.

Until next time friends!!!





Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!




[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments