Sketch Saturday #552 - Unique Unicorn from Mmedel Illustrations

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! Happy Saturday! It is time for a new fun sketch challenge from Sketch Saturday! There is a lot of fun to be had with this super cute sketch.

I have a feeling that unicorns are really back in style. I remember they were really big when I was a kid (oops did I just age myself). Then, you didn't hear about them for the longest time. It is fun though because I loved them as a kid. I had these stickers that I would get from Lisa Frank all the time. With my daughter loving unicorns now it is a lot of fun making cards for her and with her, as she likes to color as well.

We have a great sponsor this week:









MMedel Illustrations has generously offered 2 digital stamps of the winner's choice.


And make sure to subscribe to the MMedel Illustrations mailing list for a free digi by emailing mmedelillustration@yahoo.com!!






Here is sketch #552:





Here is my inspiration for you for this week, I used MMedel Illustrations Unique Unicorn





The only thing that I did differently is I didn't put the sentiment on it, and used a bow instead since the stamp I used from MMedel Illustrations actually already had the sentiment on it. Plus I think I really like the addition of the ribbon.



I used more of the Queen & Company paper that I absolutely LOVE but for this soft card it seemed a little to over powering. So, I went ahead and used some vellum cardstock (the thicker stuff than normal) so that I could mute the paper down a little bit.



I also didn't like it when I laid it all out together that the background seemed really plain. So I used an embossing folder to give it a bit more texture.

The Copic markers I used are:


  • RV10, 93, R83

  • G21, 24

  • V06, 09

  • Y08



Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Cristena, congrats! Any team would be lucky to have you designing for them, your work is absolutely WOW.
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable, love your coloring and your delicate bow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!