Over The Rainbow with Tulip Sprite Aurora Wings Challenge

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! I can't even tell you how much fun I had with the new challenge over at the Aurora Wings Challenge blog! The challenge this month is "Over The Rainbow". The very first thing that I thought of was Judy Garland singing Over The Rainbow in the movie The Wizard of Oz, so yes that is where I went with this.

I used to watch the Wizard of Oz every year that it would come on TV. Yes, I am that old that we didn't have netflix, hulu and cable dvr boxes haha! I had to wait once a year for it to come on. I don't really even remember when it came on.. I just remember being excited and BEGGING my mom to let me stay up past my bedtime to finish watching the whole thing.

Believe it or not I can still sing the entire Lollipop Guild song by heart... and do it to annoy my kids haha!! Jerry Maren was the last living Lollipop Guild munchkin alive until May of 2018 at the age of 98 years old. So this card is a bit of a tribute to him.



This little fellow is the Tulip Sprite from Aurora Wings. He is just cute as can be but when I saw him, the first thing I thought of was "oh my gosh!! He looks like a lollipop guild member!!!" You can ask Meadow that is exactly what I said haha!

What do you think? Here is a photo of Jerry



I absolutely love it! You can even see the famous yellow brick road right behind Jerry in the photo. As I also have done with the little Tulip Sprite. I had a Darice embossing folder that looked like brick, so why not use some So Saffron yellow paper that looked close to the yellow brick road.



I even put a little bit of my fake yellow brick road on the back layer of the card.



Another one of my favorite characters besides Toto of course is the Scarecrow. Granted I would have tried to fit them all into this card if I could have found a way and the card still look nice... however, I had to pick and choose. So I used a bit of twine that made me think of the Scarecrow's hair around the layers behind the Tulip Sprite.



The last thing I did was to add a few dew drops that I got from Amazon onto the card. Not sure how they fit in... but they look nice haha!



Here are the Copic markers I used:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20

  • Petals: Y00, 02, 08, YR21, 23, 16

  • Leaves: G20, 21, 24



I really hope that you like my crazy, and what I think fun, take on this amazing challenge from Aurora Wings. I really hope that you will go and join in the fun!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in the Aurora Wings group go and join, you wont be sorry. You are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Adorable card and wonderful coloring and as always you are a master on layouts. Love it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and totally creative interpretation on the theme, Cristena! Brought back lots of happy memories for me, too. I collected all of the Wizard of Oz books as a child and still have them even today. You've executed your idea perfectly with a fabulous layout and carefully thought out embellies. Love, love, LOVE! Was just thinking about the dew drops and couldn't they be the "snow" that started to fall on the field as they approached the Emerald city? Can't stop smiling at this charming make and fun post. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your interpretation of the theme, Cristena! Yes, I agree some of the Sprites can totally fit in as the members of the Lollipop Guild. Love the yellow brick road inspired background and all the details. Thank you so much for the whimsical inspiration for the new challenge today! M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes!!! The field of poppies!! I completely forgot about that part! All I remember is Dorothy thinking it is beautiful and then falling asleep in them. :) Thank you Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Mitzi! You always make my day when you love what I have done with your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet Ann Marie :) xx Thank you so much for the compliment. I try my best with the layouts :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!