Fun Sketch Saturday #550 - Thessa from Leann's World 101

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! It is that time again to have some fun with a sketch challenge from the Sketch Saturday team! I had a lot of fun with this sketch! I really hope that you will like it as well.

The sketch is super easy to follow. I however, changed the oval part to just be the image itself. The image was to cute to pass up using! The image Thessais from this weeks sponsor Leann's World 101. I love her artwork!





Prize: 2 digis




I think that is an awesome prize! Well I would be happy for just one... haha! I am kind of like Charlie from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory "just happy to be here" haha! The image I am using is called Thessa.








I used some of Ken Oliver's Color Bursts to do a watercolor wash on some of Rubbernecker Stamps Watercolor Paper. I tried to get the blue as close to Thessa as I possibly could. The color came out beautifully!








After getting the watercolor onto the watercolor paper, I heat dried it really fast with my heat tool. I couldn't wait for it to dry on it's own because I really wanted to use my Rubbernecker Stamps Frame with Curves & Pierce die cut. I thought it would look really neat to put this fishy patterned paper behind the die cut and pull a couple of panels out. I really honestly wasn't sure about pulling the panels out but after asking my whole family and my best friend... it was pull a couple panels out haha!






I was even lucky enough to have some beautiful sequins on hand that matched the colors I was using too. I really like how her hair came out. You can see here now nice she prints out so it is easy to cut her out even without a die cut.



The blue ... well I am not sure what to call it. The paper is a thick plastic kind of but still thin like patterned paper. It also looks as if it has a blue oil slick on it. It is perfect for bubbles, water that kind of stuff. I wanted to use that as the rectangle piece for the sketch.

The banner however I needed to be longer, but the banner die cuts I have are shorter. So what I did was I just ran the banner through but when I got about 1/4 inch away from the end part I stopped and turned the die around and then did the same thing. It made it longer without cutting.

I decided to make the card into a birthday card since I have some birthday's coming up that I need to send cards out for. The sentiment Cheers is from the Ranger Birthday Letter It Collection. These stamp sets are super fun!

The Copic markers I used are:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, 93, R20

  • Hair & Tail: BG10, 11, 13, 15

  • Scales: R83, V04, RV23



Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful! It turned out great! And gorgeous coloring as always! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and your coloring is just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!