Coffee Break Marci - Lala Land Crafts - Coffee Lovers Guest Designer

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Hey All! Sadly today is my last post as a guest designer for the Coffee Loving Cardmakers. It is also the last week of the month! Can you believe that January went by so darn quickly?? It is just insane! They say "Time flies when you are having fun" when you are younger... so is it "Time flies because you can't remember" when you get old hahahaha!!!



I think coffee helps make all the fun and even the things mom's sometimes can't remember when they get older even better! Who really wants to be without coffee?? or actually even tea in my case I drink them both all day long.



This week I am using Coffee Break Marci from La La Land Crafts. I love all their cute girls. I can't believe it but I actually messed up this card twice! Not once but twice! haha! I don't think I had my coffee when I made this card (yes, I know bad bad Cristena).



I actually completely forgot that this stamp came with sentiments. I had put it away before finishing up the card. So, I think I am going to have make more cards with this stamp for sure! Instead, I used the sentiment In That Order from Rubbernecker Stamps. Which is funny because I didn't even remember I had used it on the card from last year haha! See what I said about time flying when you cant remember? haha!

At least I didn't use the same die cuts with the card from last week. I used the Nested Circle with Small Stitch and the Nested Scallop Circle stamp sets from Rubbernecker Stamps with the sentiment.



The other thing I messed up on was I was coloring... everything looked fantastic!! But then it happened... yes my pen blobbed!! UGH! and I was almost finished I only had the hairband left to do. Thank goodness this is when the saying "there is no such thing as mistakes just great opportunities for embellishments" came in! Yup you guessed it! That blob is right under that cute little Sweetheart Blossom flower from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I also ... yeah so I guess this is 3 things I messed up...(but hey makes for a funny post) some of the BG15 marker I was using went into the coffee cup.. there really wasn't any coming back from that. So, I tried to use the 0 blender clear Copic marker to get rid of it... yeah it just blobbed into the BG15. That is when I decided "this needs some texture!" so I got out my handy dandy bottle of Various Ink solution from Copic and my hand towel and made some cute little texture dots on Marci's outfit.



The last thing that I did do was add the bling! Yes, I didn't mess that part up haha!!

The Copic markers I used are:


  • E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, 93, R20, BV20

  • BG10, 11, 13, 15

  • E40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 47, 49

  • E50, 51, 53, 57

  • C1, 3, 5, 7

  • White gel pen



I really hope that you enjoy the card I made for today's post. Please be sure to go over and follow the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog, I know you will love it! They also have a group on facebook if you would like to go over there and check out all the fantastic coffee, tea and hot chocolate inspiration they have.

Until next time friends!!!





Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!



[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments