Whisper Of The Sea - Aurora Wings Sketch Challenge

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey all! I have been spending a lot of time trying to color this beautiful mermaid from the Aurora Wings collection called Whisper Of The Sea. I love this digital stamp that Mitzi has made and it will always be one of my favorites. That is probably why I like to take my time with it. I started it before our move, but didn't get to finish it. Then if you follow me on Instagram you would know that I got stuck for a while.

The challenge this month over at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog is a Sketch Challenge here is the sketch for you :

[caption id="attachment_5602" align="aligncenter" width="500"] Click the photo to go to the challenge and see more[/caption]

I was actually going to use a different stamp for this. But, after looking at my die cuts I really wanted to do something with the Rubbernecker Stamps Bubble Die Cut and this really looked like the card to do it on. I tried this a couple of different ways...



First I cut out the circles because I wanted it to look like she was in a window of sorts. I also wanted to use the blue glitter paper that I had found at Michaels. It is my favorite color and I hope that they never stop making it haha! I also cut the bubbles out in the glitter paper along with some iridescent paper as well.



I do have to say that iridescent paper is  HARD to cut out with any die cut I used... so I had to cut this with the die and then cut it out by hand... so if you see some botched job up there... yeah... I don't think I will be using that paper again anytime soon HAHA!!



The bottle actually belongs to my daughter Meadow. She gave it to me because I was trying to put some shells my husband had bought me for the card as his contribution which I thought was a great idea... but I really liked the bottle as well. I let my wonderful friend and team coordinator, Donna, decide for me... she is always amazingly helpful! I just love her! So we went with Meadow's bottle.

Here is a photo of the one with the shells:



The "fishing net" was made from burlap that I had sitting around. I just pulled out some strings and stretched it out a bit to make it "look" like a fishing net. My son Stephen is the one that picked out the nautical background paper. He picked a yellow... but I had bit of a blue piece too, we both agreed the blue looked best.  It is a lot of fun when family takes part in helping me make a card. I love sharing this with them.



My first idea was to use her for the Once Upon A Time challenge a few weeks ago... I was going for the Little Mermaid.

Here are the Copic markers we used:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 11,21, 04, R20, BV20, BG02, 05

  • Hair: YR000, R17, 14, 24, 27, 29, 39, 89

  • YG91, 93, 95, 97, 99

  • BV20, 22, 25, 28

  • V20, 22, 25, 28

  • YR000, E15, 13



 

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. This is such a beautiful project, Cristena. Your coloring of the mermaid is amazing. I love the complexion you gave her with light freckles all over. The light blue eyes look amazing against the flaming red hair. What a beauty! I can't pick between the bottle and the sea shells - glad you didn't ask me! lol Thank you for this lovely inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!