Acorn Baby Sprite - Aurora Wings Anything Goes Challenge

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Anything Goes challenge at the Aurora Wings blog is probably one of my favorites! You can do anything that you want to do. Granted I colored this a couple of weeks ago with my daughter Meadow because she found millions or what feels like millions of baby acorns in our backyard. They are all the size of plain m&ms. They are all so small and cute.



She wanted to color the Acorn Baby Sprite from Aurora Wings together so she could learn more about coloring skin. Her coloring skills are getting better and better every time we color together. I don't know, I think for 11 years old she does pretty good... but do I just say that because I am her mom? not sure but oh well haha!  You can see her card and the baby acorns that she put on her card over on her blog. I make her and her brother do a blog because I feel that it will help them with their writing skills.

 



As you can see this little guy is super cute! It was a lot of fun to color him and interesting to figure out what we were going to be using to color him. Meadow was surprised that we used so many different colors just to get one thing look the way that we wanted it with the shading.



That is actually how it all started out. She was worried that she got some of the color from the Acorn Baby's face from his cap. So that is when she asked if we could do it together so she could learn how to get rid of the green color and learn to shade skin the way that I do. Granted mine is not perfect at all, but it does feel good that she wants to learn from me. I think a daughter learning from a mother is every mothers dream.



I used some old and I mean OLD Stampin Up patterned paper that I had found. Meadow liked the paper as well, so she used it on her card too. I also used my new Nuvo colors that I got a cute little scrapbook store (yes there are some small mom and pop stores here pretty awesome!) called Betty's Creative Place. Although, when I got home I realized that ... well I already had the colors, so that just tells me that I REALLY like those colors HAHA! I had gotten the green and another red because well Christmas cards are coming up... and well... yeah I already had them and a couple of others haha!

While I cant remember what Nuvo colors I have at home I am very excited that I remembered to use the white gel pen on my work again! haha! It's the small things these days.

Here are the Copic markers we used:


  • Skin: E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20, BV20

  • Leaf: YR000, 23, 04, 18, Y17, W4

  • Shoes and Shirt: E23, 15, 19, 25, 27,

  • Cap: E84, 87, 89



 

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. Adorable card and I love how you and Meadow sat and colored together. Mom's a great teacher and both cards turned out so cute! Perfect paper and love the ribbon and texture. Gotta say I've done the same thing with the Nuvo Drops. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Cristena! How wonderful it must be for you to be able to craft with your girl! She's learning fast because she's got you right there to learn from. Beautiful rich colors, fun patterns, and lovely layers. Thank you so much for this wonderful inspiration for our mid-challenge post at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann-Marie JohanssonAugust 10, 2018 at 7:20 PM

    This is so freaking adorable.... No wonder Meadow learns so fast.... she's got you as a mum... best teacher in the world. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!