Happy 4th of July Birthday Cake - Rubbernecker Stamps

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey All! Happy 4th of July and thank you to those that serve or have family who serve (because it is hard on family too) in our military services. It still amazes me the things the people did back in 1776 and where our country has gone from there. Rubbernecker Stamps doesn't have a whole lot as far as Independence day stamps. But then, I don't know a lot of people that actually make 4th of July cards in less they are for invitations for a party or something maybe. But I decided to use the Rubbernecker Stamps Watercolor Birthday Cake for a card today.

The 4th of July is always kind of a stay home, laid back and relax kind of a day for us. When we lived in California we could see the fireworks from our front porch. This year it is going to be a little different since we don't live out in the country any longer. We will see how the dogs react and if we can see fireworks from our house. New place new traditions!



I did say watercolor birthday cake above yes, you weren't seeing things. However, I wanted to see what it would look like if I just colored it with my Copic markers instead. I even remembered to use my Copic Opaque White!!! That is huge because I ALWAYS seem to forget all about it haha!



If you can see some texture on the cake as well, that is because I went ahead and covered it with some Wink Of Stella Clear 999. All the sparkle of the stars from the Star die cut from Rubbernecker Stamps and the patterned paper that I used, made me think of the Star Spangled Banner.

The paper that I used is Me & My Big Ideas Americana. The paper pad is a lot of fun. I wanted to be sure that the word "Blessed" showed on my card as well, as the stars and stripes like a flag.  The glitter paper is WONDERFUL it is nice and thin so I can cut it easy in my big shot. I got the paper from the booth at Scrapbook Expo from Rubbernecker Stamps but it is actually made/sold by The Paper Cut if you want it online.



The small stars on the birthday cake are also from the Stars die cut from Rubbernecker Stamps. I used the sticky paper from Sparkle n Sprinkle with the glitter paper and put everything in through the big shot at once which made it nice and easy to stick to the card.

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • R17, 24, 27, 29, 39, 46, 59

  • B21, 23, 24, 26, 37, 39

  • C2

  • Y15, YR16

  • 0



If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page , the new Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group on Facebook or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments