Unicorn Sprite - Aurora Wings Celebration Challenge

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]June is the month of my daughter, Meadow's birthday. So when I was told the challenge for Aurora Wings this month was going to be celebration, I knew exactly what to use! Meadow LOVES unicorns very much, so the Unicorn Sprite was the perfect sprite to use for this card and challenge.

I know that a lot of people have been making more of a rainbow Unicorn Sprite, however I wanted to go a bit softer like Meadow's stuffed animal unicorns that she has. She also loves that twisty marshmallow stuff... haha! I don't know exactly what this stuff is called but she loves it! So I tried to go for those colors as well for the birthday card.  I believe the only color that I left out was yellow, mainly because I forgot it was in them until I found this photo... oops!






One of the things I like the best about this little sprite is there are so many colors that you could color it. The options really are endless if you think about it.



I actually thought that the hair was going to be super hard, however it really wasn't that bad. I know that I didn't do a lot of shading on it this time, but I wanted to keep things soft.



Another thing I enjoyed was making the horn sparkle. I used some clear Wink of Stella on the horn after I had colored it.



I have never used the Nuvo Jewel Drops until I finally took the plunge and purchased some at the last Scrapbook Expo that I went to. I have to be honest and say that I love them! I especially loved them because when using the vellum for the sentiment (which is another fun thing to do) the Nuvo drops hid the glue dots that I used to put the vellum on with. Thought that was a pretty awesome, fun idea.



The ribbon is from May arts. I have had it for a while and I love using it. But I don't have that much so I pretty much only use it on special things.

The paper is just from a stash that I had. I purchased that probably a year ago at Hobby Lobby but I think that they still have it there. It is just in the singles, so you will have to really look for it. I believe it was from paper studio.

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments

  1. What a sweet little card for your darling daughter, Cristena! I love the soft candy colors and gorgeous feminine touches. I'm sure Meadow will be over the moon. The Sweet Shoppe DP is perfect and that lace adds such gorgeous texture. Great tip about hiding the glue dots behind your vellum, too. Totally YUMMY in every way! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann-Marie JohanssonJune 4, 2018 at 8:31 AM

    This is just adorable sweetie xoxo Just love your coloring on her :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and sweet, Cristena! I love how sweet and irresistible your color palette inspired by the marshmallow stuff looks on the Unicorn Sprite. Cute cupcake paper and pretty lace and all other details really play this up for a stunning birthday card for Meadow! Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration today for Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!