Dinosaur - Rubbernecker Stamps

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey All! Today is an amazing Saturday! We are not doing much but relaxing today, and I am trying to finish another card today. But I had to show you this one. This Dinosaur stamp set is very special to our family, especially my son Stephen.  First he loves dinosaurs, and I mean LOVES them! He just turned 12 and is still drawing dinosaurs on a daily basis, even to the point that he draws different types of dinosaurs to his own hybrids.

But this Dinosaur stamp set (which is the exact name of it) from Rubbernecker Stamps is special, because it was made with him, and one of the owner's son in mind. They both have a love for dinos that I don't think can be cured. Stephen, was even asked if the sentiments were good ones, which was really exciting for him to be able to take part in the creation of this stamp set.



The sentiment that is on this card is actually one that Stephen must have told Rubbernecker Stamps they "NEEDED" to have on the stamp set or it just wasn't complete .. haha! That is why I decided to surprise my son by using the sentiment that he suggested. He was over the moon when I used it, but even more so when he saw that it was actually included in the set.

 



For the background directly behind the dinosaurs I used Rubbernecker Stamps Watercolor Paper and Ken Oliver's Color Bursts. I used a painters tray and put a little bit of color burst in the circle, then a little bit of water. I used my Aqua painter brush to pick it up and brush it on the paper. I used the Aqua painter just in case I needed more water to move everything around.. but as always I never do need a little more, this watercolor paper is fantastic.

I also used a few die cuts from Rubbernecker Stamps on this one as well. I love all the new textured nested die cuts that they have now. The one that I used for the frames the dinos are sitting in is the Nested Square w/Pierce die cut set.  The Dinosaur stamp set also has a matching Dinosaur Die Cut set as well so no... I cannot take the credit for fussy cutting these sweet little stamps out.



The last thing that I put on the card was the little dew drops that I love so much besides the sequins and things. Since this was supposed to be a boy card I didn't put any ribbon on it, I thought clear little dew drops would do nicely. Then later my son said they looked like bits of the meteor that killed all the dinosaurs, only the wrong color haha! I supposed I was correct in using the dew drops for the card.  It is kind of funny I almost felt like my son was my little quality control manager on this project haha!

The Copic Markers I used are:


  • G20, 24, 28

  • E40, 42, 43

  • YR14, 16, 18

  • B000, 00, 01, 02, 04, 06

  • N5



 

If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page , the new Rubbernecker Stamps Fan Group on Facebook or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Comments