Shaniqua - Rubbernecker Stamps

Shaniqua is a new stamp from Rubbernecker. It just came out and has started it's rounds at the Scrapbook Expos and a few of the other shows. You can actually see this card at the Scrapbook Expos on the west coast.  It was a lot of fun and a new experience for me to use just the head of a person for a card. I tend to get a little lost on what sentiment to use.

So, instead of worrying about the sentiment for the card, I just started on the card. With her larger than life earrings that I love on her, I thought it would be great to use the new Rubbernecker Stamps Circle Stitich One  Piece Combined die.  I used (from the center) the first , third and fifth dies and just staggered them around until I liked them. The paper that I used is from an old Heidi Swapp stack... but the cover has been ripped off and I searched for over an hour to find the paper stack and I just can't find it anywhere... so sorry.

The layers for the full card are (going from card base to the top layer):

  • Card Base (the part that folds) 4 1/4 x 11

  • Second White layer 4 x 5 1/4

  • Third Layer : patterned paper 3 3/4 x 5


 

Shaniqua Rubbernecker Stamps Created by Copictopia

After a while I was starting to think this looked like an invitation kind of card. So I used the sentiment "Let's Get Together" from the Rubbernecker Stamps Best Wishes stamp set.



I am still trying to get really good at coloring the darker skin tones. But I love how she came out. For some reason I just feel that the darker skin tones are easier to get the shading correct and I love it!



The colors that I used for her are:

Copic Markers:

  • Skin: E50, 11, 13, 21, 23, R20

  • Lips: R17, 24, 27, 29, 39

  • Clothes: RV10, 13, 23

  • Hair: C3, 5, 7, 9


Very last I added some sequins that I picked up off of Amazon. I have made sure that I put links to everything I used for you below so that you can find it easy. The only thing, like I said above, that I couldn't find is the Heidi Swapp paper sorry.

If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


Comments

  1. I love this image!! Your coloring is always amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Melissa xx you are always so kind!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!