Happy Birthday Dragon For Hubby - MFT

Okay so... I kind of made this a few months ago for my hubby's birthday, but it is still good to show right?

I was thinking maybe cutie little dragons aren't always going to be for a card you make a man that is turning 44? But, hey he married me, he knows what he got himself into haha! Plus I really just wanted to use the sentiment from this cute little stamp set as well from My Favorite Things. I have actually been in love with these little dragons for a really long time, but I always seem to be buying other things. I finally broke down and purchased them. I love them to death. I think I have actually made 3 cards from these little dragons so far.

 



 

I love the sentiment on this card. It is included with the stamp set, which I just love. This sentiment is very true for my husband. He really does make my life magical.  I used a file to make the paper for the sentiment curl... it is like a small round file. You could also use a pencil or something like that.



 

I used a set that I can't remember where I got it from ... sorry. I tried to look on the internet for an hour or so but I still couldn't find it. It is just a bunch of backgrounds that I got. There are trees, the mountains here that I used, and a city skyline. Maybe someone out there could help me out with where I got this stamp set? haha!

The clouds are also in the dragon set as well. I used 3D foam dots to pop

 

them up, along with the dragon as well. I love my dimension, I mean I LOVE my dimension! As you can see from the photo below... this card is stacked!!! I used 3D foam dots on every layer of this card except when I used the Circle Stitched Die Cuts and the Circle Scalloped Die Cuts from Rubbernecker Stamps.



I like to use die cuts a lot on my cards because I love the texture, and it also makes it fast to cut out layers as well. All of these layers were fun but mostly used by die cuts.

The base card layer that folds is my favorite size and way to fold it is 4 1/4 x 11. All of the other bits except for the kraft banner part which I cut at 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 and then just used a Nested Square Die Cut to make the banner. The rest of this was all used from the nested die cuts and the scalloped die cuts.



The Copic Markers that I used are:

  • YG01, 13, 17, 23, 25,

  • BG10, 11, 45, 57, 53

  • B000, 00, 01, 02

  • G24


If you do make anything with either of these stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page. 

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


Comments