Brush Butterflies - Rubbernecker Stamps

I decided to just do something a little simple but pretty for today's inspiration. I actually meant for this card to be for something else but I went with it anyway to see where these beautiful Brush Butterflies stamp set would take me. I have had this pink one colored for the longest time just sitting in a "put me on a card" tray. I actually have a few images that are in that tray because I just have so many that I have colored. It is quite nice though that if I need something quickly I can just grab an image and go.

Since Rubbernecker Stamps is having the challenge with the theme of Best Friends I thought this would be a great card to keep you hopefully inspired and continuing to play along with the challenge. I have never really thought of using burlap on a card before until 

We had the recycling challenge last time. I tried it out and I really like the way the burlap worked out. The burlap and the butterflies with flowers really gives it that country feel, that I love. I have to admit I used to be a real city girl... but now I think I like things a little slower and things just a little more family, country... wide open spaces with nature.



I added even more texture by using the polka dot embossing folder. I also think that the polka dots give it a soft texture that blends well with the burlap.  I used the second largest Nested Scallop Rectangle die cut when going around the outside of the polka dot embossed cardstock.



I made my own little tag by just cutting the watercolor paper myself into the shape and then using Color Bursts to make the water color creation on the tag. I used my Misti to make sure I got the sentiment from the new stamp set Foxes onto the tag. I just love that sentiment. It is the best one I think ... well along with a few others. I like a lot of the Rubbernecker Sentiments.



To top it off the last bit of embellishment that I used, and completely love, is dew drops. I love these little things so much! When you need a little something but don't want to over do it, these little babies come in very handy!! I use them so much because they are just a great element.



For the butterfly wings I used just my fingernail to curl the wings to make it looks as if it had the gift of flight like a real butterfly.

The Copic Markers I used are:

  • RV10, RV13 and RV23


If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!


Comments