Be Yourself - Leave It To The Birds Rubbernecker Challenge #24

Happy new year! I hope your year is going well. I am starting off the year with a challenge from Rubbernecker Stamps. This is National bird day this week on the 5th, so we are doing a challenge called Leave it to the birds! Rubbernecker has a lot of funny birds and sentiments to go with them.

For the challenge I picked a funny bird stamp called Be Yourself (895-02). I love that all the birds are siting on the wire and you have one bird that is hanging upside down. It just cracks me up because I would be that one bird hanging upside down most days haha!



I decided to keep this card a little more simple. I don't know why... it is just how I felt I guess. The birds are so cute on this stamp that I don't feel a lot needs to be added to them. One of the other design team members Jamie did put clouds on hers... but she also did a little something different with hers that I just love. Maybe next time I will decide to do that. You could also do some clouds then use the die cut that matches to make them seem like they are really in the clouds.



With the way the bird is hanging upside down I thought instead of a funny sentiment I was going to go with something sweet. This sentiment I think really does the trick, and stays within the theme I was going for with the little upside down bird. (wow how many times can I say upside down bird in one post holy cow! haha!) The sentiment I used was Being You (822-01). I really love this sentiment, it describes a lot of people I know that can inspire people with all their many different talents and personalities.

The Copic markers I used on this is really easy!! I only used 5 colors can you believe it!! <GASP> haha!

I used Y06, 08, and 13 on the birds and I used YR14 and 16 on the beaks.

If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! And join in the challenge as well!! It is going to be so much fun to have everyone join in!

We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

Comments

  1. This is such a cute card with birds!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristena, This is such a precious card. Your coloring is wonderful and your little birds just pop to life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Kittie! That means a lot to me coming from you. Your creations are out of this world!! There is no way I could possibly have the patience or skill to do what you do! I am in awe of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!