Coffee Sprite - Aurora Wings Recycled Challenge

I had so much fun with this new challenge over at the Aurora Wings Challenge blog! The new challenge is recycle. Sounds super fun but it can be a challenge. Although I knew exactly what I was going to do. This was not a tough one for me especially when I saw the little Coffee Sprite that Mitzi had drawn. She is one of my new favorite sprites for sure!

I have a LOT of coffee cups from Starbucks. So I thought this would be the perfect chance to do the Starbucks coffee cup shaker card. The little Coffee Sprite would go perfectly. I made these a little while ago so I did one as a Halloween card and one as a Christmas card. I really think I will be using these cards as my Christmas cards this year so I had better get on it. It is already November now. Where does the time go! I feel like my kids just started school.

First I am going to show you my Halloween card since we just pasted Halloween.

 

Isn

Isn't she just adorable! I just love this little sprite! I did change the stamp a little bit though because I had to add my polka dots. Almost all of my coffee cups have polka dots on them :)

To make the shaker card I cut up the cup so it would lay flat. Then I used a rectangle die cut from Rubbernecker Stamps to cut it out. I was for a while just cutting it with my cutting tool but what was I thinking? Those dies work so much better! Then I would use a circle die to cut the mermaid out of the middle.  For the rectangle part of the card I ran it through the Big Shot with an embossing folder of a spider web. After that I used a sponge and ink to blackin it up a little bit to look "spooky" I guess like Halloween.

 



Yes, those are actual coffee beans that you see in that shaker. These are probably one of the most amazing smelling cards that you will ever find haha!



For this little Coffee Sprite the Copic Markers I used are:

Anything Orange: YR18, 15, 12, 27, Anything Black: C1, 3, 6, 8 Skin: E000, 11, 21, R20, BV20 Coffee Beans: E25, 23, 29, 77 and a sharpie for the polka dots. I also used Copic Opaque White for her little eyes.

Now on to the Christmas Coffee Sprite. I did this one with all Christmas Colors. I did not do the die cuts to cut this one. I didn't have that idea until the Halloween Coffee Sprite. So I just used my paper cutter to try and get everything as straight as I could.



This one I didn't have to run through the Big Shot with the embossing folder to get a fun design on the card. The coffee cup is from a couple of years ago (yes I save them for these projects haha) I didn't have any from this season yet. I will have to get some. But this one was done basically the same way as the Halloween one. This one has the coffee beans in it as well... yes both cards smell amazing!



The Copic Markers I used on this one are:

Anything Green YG25, G24, 28, Skin: E000, 11, 21, R20, BV20, Anything Red R35, 37, 56 Hair: E40, 42, 43, 44 Coffee Beans: E25, 23, 29, 77 and a sharpie for the polka dots. I also used Copic Opaque White for her little eyes.



I did make this one a little different than the Halloween card. I did two of the coffee cups on this one so I could raise up just part of the cup to make it look a little more 3D. I love doing layers like that ;)

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

Comments

  1. What a fantastic idea, Cristena! Most of us have so many Starbucks cups laying around that are begging to be turned into something wonderful. lol Both the Halloween version and the Christmas version are delightful. Can't get over how clever these are! Thank you so much for these cute inspirations for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely ADORABLE and so so clever, Cristena! Love both versions and I'll be on the lookout for Starbuck's Christmas coffee cups for sure. Beautiful coloring on the Coffee Sprites and great dimension. So fun that you included beans in the shaker. MMMmmm....! Brilliant! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!