Siren Inspiration Aurora Wings Elements Challenge

I absolutely love the Siren image from Aurora Wings. I have not been able to use it yet, so I am happy for the elements theme for the challenge this month. That theme is perfect! There are so many different images from Aurora Wings, it can be hard to choose. But I felt that I really wanted to challenge myself this month. I picked this image not only because I loved it, but also because I knew it would be a challenge for me on different levels.



There is so much detail in this image, and I didn't want to forget any of it. I used a white gel pen on the circles in her hair and behind her head. I took the ones in her hair as pearls, and the ones behind her head as coral, but I wanted it to stand out more, and not blend into the sunset. I thought she would make a beautiful bride. I also made her eyes different. I normally color eyes either green or blue, mostly because that is what my family has, and they are the easiest for me. This time her eyes are purple and pink.

This image was also a challenge for me because of the size. I wanted it bigger so I could really get into the detail, but I also made the card rather plain compared to what I normally do. I felt that if I put to much on the card it would take away from the image, that is one thing I didn't want to do.



I used some new silver mirror paper Rubbernecker is starting to carry. I didn't want to make the card JUST oranges and blues. I felt the mirror paper would make the image stand out more, and be a dramatic boarder without taking away from the image.

I loved how the water flows around her. I felt the font for my sentiment needed to be the same way. I really like how a lot of the handmade fonts are wide, flowing, and sometimes have double lines on them. So I decided to see if I could do the same thing with a stamp, since my handwriting is not all that great.



So I double stamped the sentiment from Rubbernecker Stamps onto the card, but I did it a little off set the second time to achieve the lines and the thickness of the handwritten lettering that is so pretty and popular right now.



These are all the markers that I used for the image, along with a sharpie and the Stella Glitter pen (clear) because we know that all Sirens and Mermaids sparkle in the water. She would not be complete without glitter.

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

Save

Save

Comments

  1. OOOH, this is beyond gorgeous, Cristena! Love, love, LOVE your coloring of this fabulous image. Your subtle attention to detail truly makes this a stand out with the amazing sparkle and mesmerizing eyes. Love the mirror matting too with it's shiny reflection and double stamped sentiment that gives the illusion of movement in the water. Such a beautiful project. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Cristena, I really love the colours you have used and the background for her x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow awesome card Cristena.. Love the orange blue combo.. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann-Marie JohanssonAugust 7, 2017 at 5:31 AM

    Wow .... this is fantastic... love the sunset behind her so much... stunning. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Ann-Marie! I have never done a sunset before, and coming from you that means a lot to me. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you RoRa! again, with your wonderful coloring skills that means a lot to me for you to say my card is awesome. Thank you for the encouragement :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Julie, means a lot to me. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, thank you! I love your comments always. You always see so much more than I did in my cards and say the most wonderful things. Your comments are always so encouraging and uplifting. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crietena, this turned out gorgeous! The limited palette of orange and blue looks wonderful for the entire project. It's really eye-catching. The glitter highlights look perfect for picking up details and adding the magical touch. Pink and purple for her eyes look otherworldly and dreamy. I think this is my new favorite of yours. Thank you so much for a stunning inspiration for the latest challenge at Aurora Wings today! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!