Back To School Challenge - Rubbernecker Stamps

It is time for a new challenge over at Rubbernecker Stamps. The theme this round is Back To School. That time of year when the kiddos are going back to school. Everyone is happy, excited and nervous all at the same time. That isn't just the students but the teachers as well. Everyone needs a little love and encouragement. Teachers are so happy when they get things from the kiddos. Plus the kiddos feel so much better when they get a little encouragement.  I for one with my hubby always try to take the kids some place fun for the last day of summer or as my son calls it freedom. We have gone to Disney, Universal Studios and a little place called Boomers. These places are only about a 2 hour drive so it isn't that hard for us to go. I remember when we lived in Washington it was fine to take a trip to the Oregon State Zoo, ahhh the days of having a good zoo near by.



I decided to make a card with one of the new cut outs from The Paper Cut, that Rubbernecker is now carrying at the Scrapbook Expo booths. This is the cream colored Cascading Card Kit.



The photo is of the black and white kit so you can see it better. It is two (2) pieces of paper that interlock and cascade down, almost like an accordion.



I took two pieces of patterned paper with a school theme to cover the two pieces of card stock from the cascading kit. Here is a close up of the back to school paper.



It was pretty easy, just have to make sure to get the folds right when you cover it. After you get it all covered (if that is your plan)  it is just a matter of decorating it. This photo is of it laying flat.



One of the best things I remember about school and going back to school is seeing all my friends. Granted my friends and I didn't look like these adorable girls, but it was still the highlight of going back to school. I used Rubbernecker Stamps Fern, Clover, Jasmine, Violet and Rosie. I used two of Fern because my daughter knows a set of twins at church, and I remember my favorite books in jr. high were Sweet Valley High.

I also used the Nested Oval Die cuts and the Nested Oval Small Stitched Die cuts as well for the sentiment in the front. The sentiment are die cuts from Tim Holtz.  The paper clips and ribbon are from my stash. It was fun making this card, but hard because I was not able to decorate it the way that I normally do. But I love it all the same, it is fun!

If you do make anything with either of these stamps or anything from Rubbernecker Stamps please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or the Rubbernecker Facebook page!

Don't forget to go and see the rest of the teams creations over at the Rubbernecker blog as well! We will have challenges, contests, videos and lots of inspiration all week long! You can also catch us on Instagram and Pinterest!

Until next time friends!!!



Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

 

 

Save

Save

Comments