Frame It using Lady Blossom - Aurora Wings Challenge

Happy Monday! It is the first Monday of the month so that means Aurora Wings has a new challenge for us.  The challenge for this month is Frame It. The other design team members have some fantastic ideas and inspiration for us. We all came up with different ideas of what frame it meant to us, in our projects.

It was fun getting to see everyone's great ideas. I idea started with the image I wanted to use Lady Blossom.  Then I found the frame at Michaels Craft Store with the fun textured matting. I had planned on putting a few more flowers but my flowers did not come in time for the project but honestly I think it looks fine just the way it is.



There are not to many and not to few. I also wanted to align the flowers so that they would be going the same direction as the roses. I tried my best to make the roses the same color as the flowers, which remind me of, red and yellow, fire and ice roses.

I wanted the roses to stand out as much as her eyes. It is the first time I have colored eyes and been completely happy, to the point of excitement, over eyes. So I had to make sure that her eyes where the only blue in the whole picture. I wanted her eyes to be the first thing everyone noticed.

 



In the upper left there are some Tiger Lilies the black dots were not there, I put those in myself. But the way they are drawn in they made me think of the Tiger Lilies on the Disney cartoon Alice In Wonderland, where all the flowers are singing to Alice.

All the white I think was supposed to be flower blossoms from maybe where the pink flowers were blowing. However, they made me think of Babies Breath so I used a small paint brush and filled all of it in with some Copic Opaque White.

I am so happy and proud that I did this piece because I always have a hard time with flowers. But I always challenge myself to do them anyway because I know if I do them, I will get better at them. This being colored at an 8x10 size was the mother load of all flower challenges for me haha! I took my time and even worked through a copic pen leaking in one spot, can you find it? But I was not going to give up. I loved what I had done so far.

I was also excited about doing this challenge because again, it was something I didn't need help with haha! Yes, the shoulder is still on the mend. But I have an idea so you should be hearing more from me soon.

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

 

Comments

  1. Those gorgeous eyes are just mesmerizing, Cristena and do capture your attention immediately, even among the absolutely fabulous job you've done with that glorious cascade of flowers. Never in a million years would I guess that you find them challenging. Love the textured frame and mat and I think you've added just enough flowers. I certainly hope this gorgeous creation will have a place of honor on your wall. It's truly stunnning. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work as always sweetie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you used here, Cristena! They go together beautifully! You added just the right amount of flowers to the mat so as not to take away from the image. It's beautifully coloured! <3 xxM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so beautifully, Cristena! Our eyes are drawn to the stunning blue eyes here among all these beautiful flowers. I love the lovely colors throughout this piece - especially what you did with the roses. It really enhances the flow of the image, along with the flowers in the opposite corners. Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings! PS: I have no idea where you had the Copic leak that you talked about... lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love the peach colour of the Roses, beautifully coloured Cristena x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Mitzi! Leaving only the eyes the blue color is exactly what I wanted to do, was for them to really stand out, so mission accomplished! :) The Copic leak was actually in the shoulders of the darker purple flowers. I about cried and I think God may have gotten tired of me praying and that is how it got fixed haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Donna! It actually sits right on my shelf front and center, as it awaits for my hubby to hang it for me :) Yes, I have always found eyes a challenge, until I found a tutorial on Mitzi's website on how to color them. While the color combos are still hard sometimes to make them look beautiful, they are a little easier thanks to Mitzi. Thank you for all your kind words, they mean the world to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ann-Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Myndi xx and thank you so much for being my sounding board while I was finishing up this project I really couldn't have stayed sane without you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Julie xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!