Aurora Wings Easter Pastels Challenge

The Aurora Wings new challenge is Easter Pastels to get you in the mood for Easter that is right around the corner. A lot of people I know are getting their Easter projects finished or even started right now. I decided I wanted to do something on my own this month. Instead of making a card this month I went a bit of a different direction, and it was a lot of fun.

The Crocus Sprite from Aurora Wings is adorable. She is so sweet and very easy for anyone to color. She made a very nice addition to the Easter/Spring wreath I made for this bit of inspiration for you.

 



 

The Copic Markers I used were:

  • Skin: E000, E00, E02, R20

  • The Flowers : V20, V22, V27, V28, G68, G63, G61, Y13, Y15

  • Hair : Y11, YR21, YR23


The colors of the Crocus Sprite are from flowers that I looked up online. I like to look up the flowers online to see what colors they actually are to see if that inspires me. This is the image that inspired me

 



 

I know they come in all shades of purple but I needed and wanted to keep it with the Easter Pastel theme. These are very pretty Crocus flowers either way. I did my sprite with the Crocus flower colors in mind, but then I did her hair the golden yellow/orange to match the center of the flowers, as if she was the center of the flowers as well. Her dress does look as if she is a Crocus as well, doesn't it?

 



 

I got the vine wreath from Hobby Lobby. I was actually going to place the little sprite on a card, but I placed her on the paper when I printed her out to close to the edge and could not die cut her out on anything so I cut her out and was going to put her on something. Then I was at Hobby Lobby with my family and when my daughter and I went to the restroom they had these wreaths placed right next to the door. They caught my attention and that is when Meadow and I came up with the idea.

The flowers of course are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I just used a hot glue gun to put everything on the wreath. It was very easy to make. I will be putting a little bit of ribbon at the top so that I can hang it on my office door. I really like how it all came together and It is a nice change to my desert outside.

Look what else I have to share with you from Aurora Wings! these discount codes are valid through Tuesday, April 4 at 11:59 pm EDT US (3:59 am GMT on Wednesday, April 5)



Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

Save

Save

Save

Save

Comments

  1. Oh this is so pretty, Cristena! What a lovely addition to your Easter decor. Love your coloring and perfect fussy cutting. What a gorgeous project! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always LOVE seeing 3D projects like this, Cristena. This is a gorgeous project for Easter, indeed! The Crocus Sprite in periwinkle looks so precious and fresh. She looks perfectly at home among the pretty flowers on your wreath. Thank you so much for this wonderful inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mitzi xx I am very happy that you like the project. I like looking up the flowers to see what colors they actually are to see what inspires me. This color inspired me the most.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Donna :) Cutting things out has never bothered me I am always doing it. I actually placed her to close to die cut her out with anything and was going to place her on something else until I saw these at Hobby Lobby and Meadow gave me the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond beautiful..... It would look absolutely stunning on my front door... I have a blue door so this would fit right in... lol. Stunning work sweetie. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooow this is awesomee... lovely spring wreath... love it.. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome idea, Cristena. I never have good ideas like this. It turned out beautifully and I am in awe! ❤❤ xxM

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, she is just perfect for your wreath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable decor peice!! I love how that sweet sprite is just popping up!! Sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!