Spring Sprite Showcase Aurora Wings

I am sure that everyone is happy that spring is finally here. I do know, although, some of you are still getting snow. Hopefully, this sweet little Spring Sprite from Aurora Wings will put a smile on anyone's face. She is very adorable from the flowers and bunny ears in her hair, down to her little school girl socks.  When asked to do this special showcase project I couldn't resist nor could my daughter Meadow. We sat together coloring this cute little Spring Sprite together.



This is probably one of my first spring/Easter cards of the season. Thank goodness for Meadow's help with this card. She was again able to cut the paper for me. I am amazed at how good of a team we are becoming. She still likes to do her own thing though, so as soon as she finished helping me to cut my paper she was off to make her own card.

I was going to just leave the outside of the frame white but I thought it looked pretty neat when Meadow cut it out for me so I decided to leave it the way that she did it. I put a couple of layers of lace ribbon behind the frame. I think the hardest part was getting the butterflies to pop up with some hot glue. The glue dots just were not working out.



I also had to add some of the soft flowers from Wild Orchid as well because we all know how much I love those. The last thing I added was some glittery dew candy drops (I think that is what the package said)



The Copic Markers that I used were:

  • Dress Hat, Socks: RV0000, RV000, RV10, RV23

  • Skin: E000, E00, R20, E02

  • Hair: E40, E42, E43, E44, E47

  • Ears: E40, RV10, RV000

  • Flowers: V0000, V000, V12, V25,YG67, YG63, YG61, RV10, RV000, White Gel Pen


I told you at the beginning that Meadow sat and colored her Spring Sprite right along with me. She took her time and used all the colors that she wanted. She loves to use the Copic markers and she starting to shade as well. It is so much fun to see her shading and asking which colors she needs to use. She is really excited that she is even starting to get her own collection of Copic markers as I slowly change all my ciao and original markers into sketch markers. Mitzi's drawings are her favorite stamps to color so she is always excited when Mitzi has something new to color, especially the sprites.



The die cut she used to cut out the Spring Sprite is her favorite shape to use. Meadow's other favorite shape is squares so she will also use a lot of those on her cards. Then she says she has to finish it off with some sparkly "bits", she loves sparkles! I love how she did the hair red with bits of blonde in there for a bit of highlight. I think she did pretty darn good! I love that we do this together. I thank Mitzi for letting her be a part of my post :) xx

Here is also a fantastic coupon for you to get this little sweet Spring Sprite. Who would not want her! It is good all weekend long but be careful! It will expire on Monday March 27th! So don't be like me and forget to use it!! You will not want to miss using it. There is this sweet stamp and there is also the new Lady Blossom digi as well that you will have to see! I may be going over so I can color that one next!



Please be sure to check out the rest of the projects that everyone made over at the showcase blog. There are some very lovely projects with the Spring Sprite and with the lovely Lady Blossom.   You don't want to miss out on anything! Their projects are so beautiful!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group! You would not believe the inspiration in the group! Please if you are not already in that group go and join! you are missing out for sure by not being in it!

Until next time friends!!!



 

 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!
Save

Save

Save

Comments

  1. Oh how I love your collaborative effort, Cristena! Gorgeous coloring and I love Meadow's idea of cutting the image with the fancy border right into the background scene. Brilliant! You two sure make a fabulous team. I'm also so impressed with Meadow's own beautiful take on Spring Sprite. Her gorgeous red hair just pops against the bright turquoise of her outfit and the design is amazing. Love the added bling. It warms my heart that you two spend such precious time together. These will be happy memories I'm sure you both will treasure forever. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Donna :) Meadow says thank you very much and is turning as red as her sprites hair for all your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stepping in to help me on such a short notice, Cristena! It always brings a smile to my face whenever I see you crafting with Meadow (and Steven also). I think it's fantastic that you get to craft and be creative with family. That's the best.
    I LOVE everything pink in spring, so I find your project irresistible! The coloring is so cute on the Spring Sprite, and I love how you gave her a pretty background of green grass and blue sky. The pretty oval cut is a beautiful touch! I swear, kids come up with the best ideas, right?
    Meadow has a wonderful sense of color. Red head with blue dress was something I also contemplated for my preview. Great coloring and wonderful design with color blocks ... and sparkly bits!
    Thank you so much for these two beautiful inspirations for our new release showcase today at Aurora Wings!! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!