Winter Lullaby - Winter Wonderland Aurora Wings Challenge

Aurora Wings Winter Wonderland Challenge using Winter Lullaby

winter-wonderland-dec-challenge

 

It is time for another challenge over at the Aurora Wings Challenge blog. I loved this challenge because the theme is Winter Wonderland. Of course I decided to use Winter Lullaby, not because of the name, because of the owl. I love snowy owls. We actually have an owl living in our palm tree. I am not sure what kind it is because he takes off so fast when he comes out, but it is beautiful to watch him.

Winter Lullaby Aurora Wings created by Copictopia

This top photo just shows you how big the pedestal that I put the image on. It is not the best photo because you can't see the image or anything up close. So I will be sure to show you all of that.

I had a lot of fun making this project. I used some old paper, I think was from Stampin' Up! years ago. It is the type of paper that you can color, stamp or do whatever and the white part of the paper will change to the color that you make. I sprayed it with Art Anthology Sky Colorations Spray. I was going to use one of their stencils with some of their Dimensional Mediums Pixie Sorbet, but the image was so big that you wouldn't have seen it.

I have been completely obsessed with "popping" things up to give my projects more dimension. That is one thing I knew I wanted to do with this project as well. I was going to pop it up a little more than I did, but my I was so happy with my flowers I didn't think I could get them like that again, so I left it haha! Do you ever do that with a project?

Winter Lullaby Aurora Wings Owl created by Copictopia

 

Winter Lullaby Aurora Wings Owl created by Copictopia

I think the flowers and the owl were my favorite things to color for Winter Lullaby. I wanted to use colors for the flowers that I thought would look good for the Winter Wonderland theme. I was thinking more cold, than Christmas. I am sure it would look just as good with Red.

I also added the little white glitter candy gems as I thought it would look like snow. I wanted everything to look like snow actually, all the way down to the ribbon. I think this is the biggest bow that I have ever made, besides the one on the wreath I made.

Winter Lullaby Aurora Wings Owl created by Copictopia

Here is a close up photo of the whole project except for the top spindle piece. Now you can see the whole thing up close.  I just really love this project. I hope you like it as much as I do.

The Copic Markers I used are:

Owl:  C1, 3, 5, YR04, Y35, 38

Skin: E000, 00, 11, 21, R20, 02, BV20, BG10, 11, 13, 15

Flowers: BG10, 11, 13, 15, 49, 52, 72, white gel pen

Hair: E000, 40, 42, 43, 33, white gel pen

Please be sure to check out the challenge and the current happenings over at Aurora Wings Challenge Blog! You can also see what the other team members made over there too!  You don't want to miss out on anything!

If you do make anything with this stamp or anything from Aurora Wings please feel free to share them with me on my facebook page or Aurora Wings Facebook Group!Until next time friends!!!

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, TwitterPinterest, and if you want to connect with me even more come see my facebook page!

Save

Comments

  1. Gorgeous, Cristena! What a perfect way to keep your glorious creation on display. Love the frosty feel, amazing coloring and fabulous dimension. Yummy floral spray and bow, as well. Such a beautiful project! Have a wonderful holiday season! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous winter project Cristena.. love the 3d effect on the image.. and all the flowers.. <3 xx~ RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo beautiful sweetie. Love it and your coloring on it is just fab and you sum it up with a great layout. Have a great holiday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love the dimension on the owl and flowers and a lovely winter colour palette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a winter wedding centerpiece! It's so BEAUTIFUL, Cristena! The color palette is gorgeous without being bitter cold. It captures the glorious beauty of the winter landscape. Love the dimension from popping these up just a little. It's such a great technique that adds so much to the final piece! Thank you so much for this stunning inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!! I love the soft colors you used to make it look wintery without being a "winter" image! Its just beautiful!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comments!